Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Been awhile... RL happened

I haven't had a whole lot to say in the past year.  At least not that I could very easily put into words or sound idea's.  I'm not a word smith like the more prominent EVE bloggers out there and this was my attempt at maybe fixing that.  I'm not giving up just yet!

Some quick updates...

Lucifer's Hammer is humming along quite strong with increased sales, an increased number of producers working to keep the hammer strong.  The markets have been doing weird things and we've made some good shifts in our model to work with these times and help keep things flowing.  Nothing is worse for industry than stagnation!

I'm off in null sec when I get a chance to pilot and have helped as much as I can to help The 57th Overlanders Brigade and their new alliance forge a home in sov null.  Times are interesting for the non-bloc pilots and alliances, this is for sure.  Fights seem to be plenty, territory is shakey and we're all anxiously awaiting the release of the Citadels next month.

I personally am hoping that this will spark something and drive me to log in even more.  This has to contend with my desire to be with our new little one however and that force is a very strong driver.

This brings me to the topic that is burning at me atm.  As I was importing my photos today from my phone I ran across this and was struck again but this time for a different reason...


The thought that raced through my head when looking upon this photo is that it illustrates everything about being a parent...  When I took it, our son was merely 6 days old and we had just gotten out of the hospital with him.  He was struck with jaundice pretty bad... we were tired, in love, frustrated and downright excited to finally have him home.  Then the heavens decided to show us this as if in some prophetic way showing us what life was going to be like for the next 18+ years.

After 5 months I can see that message now...  Anger, frustration, love, hope, excitement, absolute exhaustion and utter chaos... all rolled into one tiny little package.  Every aspect of this moment captures all of that and illustrates what parenthood has been and will probably be for the foreseeable future.

I just wanted to share this and get this and let those of you who may visit this corner of the web know that I'm alive and well and very excited for what's in the future both in EVE and in RL :D.

o7

No comments:

Post a Comment