Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A good fight I could have won?

This one is kind of old but I'm happy about its content so I'm going to post it up :D.  The fit _should_ still work and if you want a break from your usual breacher then I would highly recommend that you check out the dual repped version as its quite fun indeed.

I want to dive into an analysis of a good fight I had in a new fit from a corp mate I was trying out.  I'm not saying this is a completely new way to fit the Breacher but it was in fact quite new to me.  If you haven't seen it or flown it yet, I do highly recommend it:

The DPS on this thing isn't necessarily very great but it can tank fairly well and will throw your opponent off due to the lack of shield reps.

[Breacher, Dual Armor Rep]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Damage Control II
Small Armor Repairer II

Experimental 1MN Afterburner I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I,Navy Cap Booster 400

Rocket Launcher II,Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket
Rocket Launcher II,Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket
Rocket Launcher II,Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
Small Nanobot Accelerator I
Small Nanobot Accelerator I

The loss mail is here.  After the fight, I, in my own head, accused the pilot of using links.  It didn't really feel like it though but is still quite possible.  Who knows for sure.

Firstly, I really kind of want to talk about what I KNOW I did wrong.  Quickly bulleted out:

1) Didn't have drones agress for at least 10 seconds or so (time slows down dramatically during a fight so it could have been longer :P)
2) I approached on several occassions by misreading my opponents current distance
3) I didn't pay enough attention to effects on my ship
4) I might have wasted a couple nanited rep cycles :(
5) I didn't overheat each cap booster cycle which lead to cap issue's at the end
6) I didn't look at my opponent during my approach to understand the firetails variant.

The fight progressed something like the following:

I enter the plex, think I hear my opponent engaging the NPC inside.  I lock my opponent and launch drones and immediately hit F for them to engage (they didn't listen because I think they weren't in space yet).  I approach quickly as she's 20km off and I really wanted this fight.  Once inside web and scram range I settle into a nice wide orbit to mitigate any damage from the autocannons I suspect that are on the ship.  The dance begins as my opponent actually agresses first and I follow suite.

This was a pretty long and drawn out fight (for a frigate engagement) and there were times when I was quite confused as to who would pull it off.  Damage appeared to be applied in equal proportions on both sides with occasional massive chunks of my armor being ripped off.

I seriously enjoyed this fight and would explode again!

-----

A couple days later I looked at the KB and noticed that I had a kill that I don't remember...  Wait... it was that Firetail I lost to the other day, lol.  No wonder why I thought it was linked... it was dual repped just like my breacher... who'da thunk it!

[Republic Fleet Firetail, Dual Armor Rep]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Damage Control II
Nanite Repair Paste

1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Small Capacitor Booster II,Navy Cap Booster 150
Tracking Disruptor II,Tracking Speed Disruption Script

200mm AutoCannon II,Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
Rocket Launcher II,Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket
200mm AutoCannon II,Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I

No comments:

Post a Comment